Friday 6 September 2013

WTF POKEMON?!?!?!?!?!

I have heard a lot of things about the new Pokemon X and Y versions and have mixed feelings about it. As a child I watched the first generation anime, back when there was only 150 Pokemon. I remember watching the first ever episode and getting the first ever movie on VHS for my birthday. The first ever game I played was my friends Fire Red GBA game. I only played it for a day and I loved it. The first game I bought was Pokemon Pearl and all the Pokemon and story lines were new to me. I got used to it after a while as I enjoyed playing the game. I bought the Leaf Green GBA game to put into my DSlite to get back to the good old original Pokemon generation which I grew up with and loved. From Pearl I played all the games up to Pokemon Black because Pokemon just got too over the top with their designs and I couldn't really get into it. It was no longer the Pokemon I loved. So, I didn't really bother with Black and White 2 because I just lost interest. But hearing about the new games has made me think, Should I give it another chance?

I am not really familiar with those top three starter Pokemon, So, I am guessing they are new. The fire type looks awesome and all three designs are really cool. But in Pokemon X and Y you will get to chose not only those starter Pokemon, But the original starters from the first generation games.
Not only that, but they have mega evolve forms too!
 Mega Blastoise. It looks awesome! Those canons are better than the original design, but is it a bit over the top? The Pokedex entry says it can hit targets up to 6 miles away. Reall? Not to much?
Mega Charizard. This is by far the best design. It looks much more dragon...but is it still not a dragon type in the new games? I always wondered why it was never a dragon type. It would make sense, it looks like a dragon, it can learn Dragon Breath...WHY IT NO DRAGON TYPE!!!

Mega Venusaur. This one hasn't really changed much. I think it learns a move it couldn't learn before to raise defence against fire and ice type moves. But appearance-wise not much difference at all. There is a flower on it's head and the flower on it's back is bigger. Not very impressive. Why does didn't they put more effort into this one? They made the others cooler and more awesome and didn't make much of a change for poor Venusaur??? I am sure there are grass type fans that love this Pokemon. But everyone I have talked about Pokemon games with, it is usually the water or fire types taking all the glory. Mainly because they are stronger and look more impressive.

There is even a new mega evolution for MewTwo. To be honest I don't like it. MewTwo was already supposed to be the greatest, most perfect Pokemon in existence. So why does it need a new form? I liked the original design better anyway. This design to me is not that impressive. Especially since MewTwo was already the most impressive Pokemon anyway.
This is where I think Pokemon has gone over the top a little bit. They made a new type. Fairy Type. The new Eeveelution was released to the public a while ago. I don't know if it is because I am not really girly...but I don't like it. It is a great design though. I just personally do not like the girlyness involved. Yet, Eevee is my favorite Pokemon and I am happy to evolve it into this new Eeveelution just to add to the collection. But they really are going over the top with all these new Pokemon and even an entirely new type. It has really changed since the original 150 Pokemon of the first generation.
The game has updated graphics and in 3D so gamers can get closer to the action I suppose. I love the battle layout. But the thing I hate is that we have all these shiny new graphic...yet...they still can't put in actual Pokemon sounds??? Seriously? I would really love for Pikachu to actually sound like the cute little creature it really is rather than sounding like someone stabbed Bumble Bee (Transformers) in the ass. I do not really know much about the story line but I bet it is as over the top as last time. Another thing is that they are overloading on legendaries. It is like it means nothing anymore. Pokemon just isn't the same as the Pokemon I grew up with and loved so much.

That is enough of the Pokemon for now. I am still unsure about getting the game and trying it out. May give it a go just to see if they bring back some of the value it had to me in the good old days. But who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment