Tuesday 14 May 2013

Music Review: Falling In Reverse - Alone



Sorry there is no sound on the video here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcbOfVKSMkA

I have recently watched this music video about 10 times now. It was hard to review this because I love Ronnie Radke and the band as a whole. The Drug In Me Is You is one of my top 10. I love most of their songs but this one is...different.

I can see what Ronnie tried to achieve, mixing the music he already makes with rap with a use of a robot voice (I don't know the actual term for it). He tried to mix it up to widen the audience and make a new kind of sound. It is always risky to mix different kinds of music together, so it can either be a masterpiece or...failure.

While I can see what the band tried to achieve and I understand the idea and the message behind it, I have to say they made a risk that didn't go so well. The message itself is Ronnie telling the haters "fuck you I can do what I want, I don't care what you say". But he says it in a more abusive way. This is due to Ronnie's aggressive attitude. I do agree with fans that Ronnie has changed from the way he used to be back in Escape The Fate. But he still shows the aggressive behavior, maybe without noticing it...but I can't be sure. I can see why he is pissed off about what his haters say but that's all part of the music industry. Some will love you and others won't.

I can see the message they are trying to put across. I think the idea of mixing it up was good but risky. The risk didn't turn out to be in their favor and I think it certainly failed. The one thing that is good about it is the chorus. The video itself wasn't up to the usual Falling In Reverse standards of their last videos. This video was very disappointing and not as good as their earlier work. I personally didn't like the the rest of the band in white and the glittery guitars. The video also didn't show as much of the other members of the band as earlier videos. Ronnie shows his age more with his new style in the video. I agree with changing image within a band like Black Veil Brides or Asking Alexandria, but Ronnie's new image does not suit him.

To sum up, this video is full of risky changes that did not work well. Some may like the video and the song, but I personally think it does not work. But comment and share your opinion if you want :-)

NightshadexXx

No comments:

Post a Comment